As the year comes to an end, its inetivable not to sit back and reflect upon it.
As an inspirational post I’ve decided to make a list of all the changes we as a family were able to make that reduced our CO2 footprint during 2019.
- No Air Travelling during the entire year
- Walked more to places
- Husband left the car and started using the electric scooter to work
- Reduced to eating meat to only once a week or less
- Reduced plastic packaging of fruit and veg by buying bulk
- Bought local as much as we could we
- Leftovers were eaten, reused or frozen
- Implemented the ” If its yellow its mellow if it’s brown flush it down”
- Started to close shower head inbetween shampoo and conditioner application
- Saved the water in a bucket before it reaches shower temperture
- Only used reusable cotton pads
- No more waxing for me (started laser treatment)
- Bamboo toothbrushes and cotton swabs are the norm now in our household
- All our dinner parties and birthday parties are made with reusables (plates, napkins, glasses, cutlery)
- Picnics and Beach days are 100% green using reusables
- Started converstion with local schools to replace their disposable plastic with more sustainable ones used for their events
- Consulting Services has helped people implementing core changes to their lifestyle
- Continue to promote sustainable living and and call to actions in social media accounts – Zero Waste Porto Network and Zero Waste Kids
- Blogging to inspire others
This sense of a new beginning is always a breath of fresh air, a new sense of hope, of opportunity and of thankfulness.
Next year I’m hoping my community and consulting services make a bigger impact as I expand my network of eco warriors.
You & Your Family
How was your year? Did you manage to reduce or reuse any aspect of your daily life? Are you doing any community work and maybe impacting other peoples lives? It would be great if you could share in the comments below.
In the meantime I wish you a fantastic New Year, full of hope, motivation, health and strength. Don’t give up yet, you are not alone!